Security is probably one of the most significant concerns for both the shopper and the retailer during an online transaction. In reality, an online transaction is probably more secure than a card transaction in a shop or conducted over the telephone or by fax, as the information transmitted online is strongly encrypted using complicated logarithm combinations.
Katie Kerr use Paypal to process credit and debit card transactions. Katie Kerr do not store your credit card details at any time.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect:-
As with all shopping websites, we collect personal information from you when you shop online at katiekerr.co.uk. We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. We need it to process your order, inform you of any delays or problems and sometimes to send you special offers and promotions.
The information we collect is:
- Your name – so we know what to call you.
- Email address – so we can email you order confirmations, delivery information, offers etc.
- Delivery address – so we know where to send your order.
- Telephone number – we’ll only call if we have a delivery problem.
- Credit card details – we only ask for these when you place an order.
- Mobile number – so we can text you with details about your orders or where we have a question.
- We use the latest secure server technology to ensure this information is protected to the highest standards.
We use encryption to safeguard your credit card information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through 128 bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology – this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted. Most later web browsers support this security. This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us. The encryption technique we use is the highest standard available for e-commerce. You can be completely secure in the knowledge that nothing you pass our servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
What we do with the information we gather:-
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Katie Kerr Limited, 22 Hill Street, Corbridge, Northumberland NE45 5BA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an Internet user’s identification card. They let the website know when the user has returned. This lets the site bring up information relevant to that user, for example your name, past orders etc.
Cookies are not computer programs, and can’t read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user’s email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website. It is possible to opt out of cookies via your browser’s cookie settings, but if you do this you will not be able to shop on our website as the functions of the website are dependent on cookies. Please note that cookies are computer specific, so if you log on to any site from a different computer, the cookie settings on that computer will apply.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites:-
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.